JOB TITLE: Civils Operatives
DEPARTMENT: Mobile Ireland & Fixed Line Ireland
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
Obelisk is an internationally competitive professional engineering services business. We provide infrastructure solutions for the telecoms and power sectors in Ireland and UK. In April 2022, Obelisk was acquired by Visabeira, a Portuguese telecommunications and energy service provider with a turnover in the region of €800m per annum, operating across mainland Europe and in the US.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to and tasked by the Project/Account manager, you will be employed to carry out Civils activities including, Excavation / Duct lay / Backfill / Reinstatement / Maintenance digs, clear blockages and pole lead-ins in the multiple surface categories to support the installation of optical fibre. Works will also include the construction of Cabinet plinths , FW/CW UG chambers/Tobys and core drilling.
The Purpose of this position is to ensure a scheduled programme of work is delivered on time, to budget in a safe, quality manner across all builds.
- Work as part of an expanding team.
- Daily Completion of Apps and work management systems.
- Adhere to strict H&S practices on site .
- Ensure High Standards of Quality is maintained on completed works.
- Operate and maintenance check -plant ,tools and equipment as required.
- Site safety set up including traffic management with accordance of the regulations.
- General Civils Tasks including, Excavation / Duct lay / Backfill /Site investigation digs, Subducting /Clearing blockages, and Reinstatement.
- Construction of Cabinet plinths , Tower Bases , FW/CW UG Chambers/Toby’s and Core drilling.
- Reviewing Drawings and designs and enabling associated works.
- Organising tasks, materials and delivering projects within the specified timelines
Skills and experience required:
- Full Clean Driver’s License.(7.5T)
- Good Knowledge of Civils and Construction Work.
- Experience in the Telecoms Industry.
- Excavator ,Dumper, Abrasive wheel, or additional licenses.
- Safe Pass/ Manual Handling(Training Provided).
- ROL Restatement Accreditation (Training Provided).
- Chapter 8 Traffic Management SLG (Training Provided).
- LUGS –(Training Provided).
What you get in return:
- A career path that will enable you to reach new heights
- A flexible working environment
- Excellent company culture
- Bespoke in house and external training
- Employee discounts
- Pension Scheme
- Death in service benefit
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: On the road