As part of the Employee Relations team, this role will work closely with the People Managers to provide a triage service for our store and Support Centre Managers. The role will also be responsible for providing ER administrative support.
This role is based in Dublin and is a hybrid working role.
What’s in it for you
Being a part of M&S is exactly that – becoming a part and playing your part. We’re an inclusive, dynamic, exciting, and always evolving business built on core values.
Here are some of the benefits we offer that make working for M&S just that little bit more special…
- Christmas bonus (equating to 10% per annum)
- Company pension matched to 6%
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Tax saver travel ticket
- 20% staff discount
What you’ll do
Your key accountabilities will include
· Deliver high quality, consistent and accurate advice across the full range of people polices in line with SLA & KPIs
· Provide dedicated support for the management of long-term absence until resolution for allocated case load
· To develop and maintain personal knowledge of M&S employment policy and practice
· Maintain personal expert knowledge of all aspects of Sickness Absence Policy to support long term absence management
· Coach and develop the line manager to deliver effective people management and drive line management capability by providing risk-based options to guide decision making
· Work effectively with the rest of the Ireland People Team, by contributing ideas and expertise and acting as a fully participative team member to assist colleagues in the delivery of all elements of the People Plan and to be a high performance team.
Who you are
Your skills and experience will include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to interface with stakeholders across the business
- Detailed knowledge of M&S employment policies, frameworks and practice
- Up to date awareness of external case, trends and employee relations best practices
- An understanding of the Retail operation and its challenges
- CIPD qualification, working towards or the desire to do so (desirable)
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the retail industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact.
We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
If you consider yourself to require reasonable adjustments to any part of our recruitment process, we invite you to share those requirements with us when completing your application. We will make every effort to ensure your needs are met to provide a fair and transparent process of assessment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €31,579.44-€69,864.44 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- Employee discount
Work Location: In person