Role: Trainee Housing Officer x2
Location of Employment 2x Roles, that will be managing schemes in Dublin, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Louth, or Waterford.
Contract 2 Year Fixed Term
Salary €28,090 - €38,623
Probation 6 months
Hours 35 hours per week
Travel The post requires a valid driving licence and the use
of a car for business purpose. Mileage Allowance operates
Clúid Housing is an equal opportunities employer and proud to have been recognised as a top employer in Ireland. At Clúid Housing we firmly believe that our success is down to our dedicated and growing staff body working in every corner of Ireland. Our company is made up of talented people who bring enthusiasm, confidence, expertise, professionalism, and respect to our business. Our staff consistently work towards achieving our vision of creating a society where everyone has a great place to live.
Our employees benefit from a great working environment, great learning opportunities, a supportive management team and an extensive benefits package:
- Competitive Remuneration
- Excellent & Continuous Training
- Development Opportunities
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent Employee Benefits
- 22 days (+closed 3 days at Christmas week, Good Friday and 1x Me Day) pro rata
If the above appeals to you, then keep reading and remember Clúid Housing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have just been awarded a Silver Award from the Investors for Diversity and are committed to continuing our work in creating a rich, diverse and respectful workplace reflective of different identities, perspectives and experiences. We welcome and encourage applications of all cultures, nationalities, backgrounds, genders, those from the LGBTQ+ community and people from traditionally marginalised backgrounds. It is only with diverse and creative thinking that we will be able to learn new and innovative ways to do things and this will allows us to develop ourselves, Clúid and the wider society.
Trainee Housing Officer
The successful applicant will be employed by Clúid Housing for a period of two years and be required during the two years to attend a course of study which will enable them to obtain a PSRA license.
Working as part of the Housing Services team within in the wider Operations Team, the successful candidates will assist in the provision of a high quality housing management service to tenants on our housing schemes. A strong commitment to the Trainee programme and a desire to pursue a career in Housing is essential.
Applicants could be post-graduates from a number of academic routes. In such cases, the successful candidates may need to only complete a number of top up modules, funded by Clúid, to obtain the required number of ECTS to acquire a PSRA Licence. If an applicant does not have sufficient academic experience, they will need to complete a two-year distance learning course during their placement, funded by Clúid, in order to obtain the required number of ECTS to acquire a PSRA Licence.
Additional certification courses will also underpin the students learning.
Housing Services Department
The Housing Services department delivers core front line services in 32 locations around the country including voids and lettings; rent collection and arrears management; tenancy management; estates and facilities services; and community and estate development. The department is also responsible for the Dublin based contact centre team who are the main point of contact for all tenant and business enquiries.
At Clúid Housing we are committed to listening to our customers and we strive to design all our services around their requirements.
Role: Trainee Housing Officer
Role Overview: Unless a recent graduate of a relevant course, the student(s) will be required to take on a course of study. They will also be expected to participate fully in a programme of in-house training and mentoring in order to progress to a level where they will, after successful completion of the 2-year programme have acquired the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform all tasks involved in the role of Housing Officer.
Reporting to: Housing Manager
Participate in Trainee Placement Programme
- Acceptance to this programme is contingent upon successful entry to a relevant course as prescribed by Clúid or being a recent graduate of a relevant course
- Participation in online classes and attendance at workshops for 2 years or participation in top up modules to supplement prior learning
- Undertake a work placement, taking direction from Housing Manager to successfully complete the programme
- To complete all course work as required by the College
- To complete all Clúid work experience as directed
- To undertake any duties deemed appropriate to assist development
- To prepare for and actively participate in regular review meetings
- Identify any gaps in knowledge and work experience and bring to attention of Line Manager
- To carry out all duties in accordance with Clúid’s policy and procedures
- Continued employment during these 2 years is dependent on successful completion of studies and work activities
- Liaise with Property Services Department regarding property and estate responsive, cyclical and planned maintenance requirements
- Responsible for counter charging tenants where appropriate
- Managing void properties, lettings and allocations effectively
- Carry out pre-void inspection visits on void properties to ensure the property meet Clúid Housing’s void standards
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with the local housing authority and other agencies
- Interviewing and assessing prospective residents and making allocation decisions
- Co-ordinating the viewings of properties with prospective residents at hand over and casual re-lets stage
Delivering pre-tenancy programmes, advising prospective tenants on housing options, rights and responsibilities
- Ensuring income returns and changes of circumstances are processed
- Advising tenants with regard to assessments
- Responsible for identifying debt and managing cases of bad debt
- Arrears monitoring and control including prevention, early warning and legal action to maximise income
- Preparing cases, advising solicitors and representing Clúid Housing for RTB/court hearings
- Advise Housing Manager regarding implementation and review of service charges
- Work to ensure Clúid Housing estates are vibrant and welcoming places to live
- Regularly visit schemes and record inspections and actions
- Work with tenants to ensure responsibilities are upheld and tenancies sustained
- Record any nuisance and take appropriate action
- Addressing cases of Anti-Social Behaviour and other breaches of tenancy
- Record and identify causes of damage to property and ensure it is remedied
- Prepare cases, advise solicitors and represent Clúid Housing at RTB and court hearings
- To maintain accurate current records of all properties, residents and incidents
- Support tenancy sustainment and signpost referrals for support, care, adaptations and partner agencies
Estate Development / Tenant Participation
- Working with residents to maximise tenant participation to ensure community integration and development
- Assisting residents to set up appropriate structures to optimise the involvement of residents in their scheme
- Helping to create links with neighbouring groups to ensure that Clúid Housing schemes assimilate into the wider community
- Providing information on external agencies, whose services may be of benefit to tenants
- Develop estate action plans and be creative when working with communities to maintain estates as Great Places to Live
- Work in conjunction with our Contact Centre to ensure the above key responsibilities are delivered in an effective and efficient manner
- Maintain all tenant files and data to ensure they are clear, accurate and complete.
- Contribute and participate in local and national improvement initiatives
- Work to resolve complaints received regarding service delivery and take steps to prevent future complaints
- Ensure that management are aware of your observations and that they are informed of important issues as they arise
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing/potential partners and agencies that have a key role in the effective delivery of housing services.
- To keep abreast of key legislative and procedural matters which affect your work as Housing Officer
- Produce reports as required on Housing Services for all schemes in your allocated patch
- Helping to initiate new projects and helping to maintain contacts which are beneficial to the development of projects in the region
- Furthering the work of Clúid in the region, meeting with community groups, setting up and attending meetings to inform and promote developments
- Participating in the appraisal of new development opportunities from a housing management perspective
- Supporting the Commercial Development and Property Services team during the defects period
- Ensure all activity is aligned to Clúid’s values and contributes to the mission of supporting the development of thriving communities
- Adhere to all Clúid policies and procedures at all times
- To exercise discretion at all times
- To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both Clúid’s and your own health and safety obligations
- Review services within your area and ensure Cluid Housing obtains value for money for these services.
- To positively promote and present a professional image of Clúid Housing in all activities
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role
Clúid Housing Core Competencies
- Customer Centric
Key competencies required in the role
- Planning and Organising
- Change Management and Innovation
- Specialist Knowledge
- Data Management & Analytics
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of illustrating in their application that they fulfil the following criteria. Examples that demonstrate the ability to fulfil the criteria should be included as well as the above competencies
In order to enrol on the IT Sligo Higher Certificate in Property Services and Facilities Management, candidates must meet the following requirements;
- Level 5 qualification (e.g. leaving certificate) and currently in full time employment in a related role in industry. For candidates without level 5 qualifications, a process of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) can be undertaken to assess the candidates’ suitability to the course. - Essential
Recent graduate of a relevant course, willing to complete a number of top-up modules to acquire a PSRA Licence.
- Full Clean Driving licence and use of car - Essential
- Primary degree/education in Social Science or relevant discipline - Desirable
- IT/ Digital proficiency – to intermediate level - Essential
- 2 years’ experience of working in a customer focused environment - Essential
- Experience of working in a property orientated environment - Desirable
- Experience of working with a wide range of people who are: vulnerable, homeless, elderly, low income households - Desirable
Students completing this programme will be eligible to apply for any Housing Officer roles advertised after 22 months of the programme have been completed.
The closing date for online applications to be submitted for this role is Monday 11th December 2023 at 11.59pm.
It is anticipated that interviews for the position will be held week of 18th December 2023.
(Please note the application form requires the completion of 4 competency-based questions, advice on how best to answer these questions can be found here)