Hickey's Pharmacy teams are growing and there's exciting opportunities for a Pharmacy Technician to join the Hickey's Pharmacy team in: Fingal
Hickey's Pharmacy is an award-winning, Irish-owned community pharmacy group with 36 stores, over 370 employees and strong growth ambitions. As a pharmacist led company, we understand the importance of delivering accessible healthcare and the critical role of the pharmacist in achieving this.
We're health people. If you want to deliver exceptional care in a supported environment with learning and development opportunities, then Hickey's could be the place for you.
Working as a Pharmacy Technician with Hickey’s
Our Pharmacy Technicians work as part of a dynamic team, supporting our Pharmacists dispensing prescriptions, delivering expert advice while working in a positive environment providing the best care to our customers at all times.
The responsibilities of the role
- Be accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- To prepare and dispense medicinal products under the supervision of the Pharmacist in a caring and professional manner.
- Controlling stock levels and ordering medicines as determined by store requirements.
- Preparation of blister packs and processing and tracking claims.
- Reporting to and supporting the Pharmacist in a busy dispensary.
The behaviours we are seeking/encourage
- Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of working on own initiative.
- Be flexible, friendly and approachable regarding your work.
- People focused with an ability to effectively deal with our customers.
- Providing a professional and caring service to the local community.
- Engaging actively with customers to encourage customer loyalty.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Leading team behaviour to ensure customers and colleagues always feel assured that they are at the core of our business.
- Listening to our customers, understanding what would make their lives better and finding ways to work with the business to deliver on this.
- Tailoring conversations with every customer to ensure they leave our pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs.
- Building a strong working relationship with the Supervising Pharmacist and all team members in the pharmacy to ensure seamless delivery of service to our customers.
- Experience working in a busy dispensary is an advantage, but newly qualified technicians are welcome to apply.
- Experience with McLernons MPS (an advantage).
- IPU Pharmacy Technician course or Higher Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Studies an advantage.
What we commit to you in return:
Our ambitious Pharmacy Technicians receive generous staff discounts in-store. We also operate a ‘refer-a-friend’ bonus scheme as well as participating in tax-saver travel schemes and PRSA pension arrangements. We reward our employees with additional long-service days as well as recognising other special occasions with additional annual leave e.g. getting married!
If you're a people person and have ambitions to join a progressive company, we'd love to hear from you today.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Specified-purpose, Full-time, Fixed term
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Sick pay
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person