Care Support Worker/Health Care Assistant Role
Kindly note that we do not offer visas or sponsorship for this role. Only persons who have the right to work in Ireland and a valid Visa are eligible for this role.
We are recruiting full time and part time roles in Glanmire, Glounthane, Midleton and surrounds. (Please note a full clean driving license and access to your own car is necessary for this role)
Care About You supports elderly & disabled individuals to obtain professional, person-centered care and support within their own homes, close to their family, friends and own community.
Our Care Support Workers should be passionate and sincere about providing the best possible care and in helping people live as independently as possible.
Day to day role includes:
- Carrying out requirements of individualized care plan.
- Providing Companionship and social engagement
- Assisting clients with Personal care needs
- Light household duties and meal preparation etc
For more information, please contact the Care About You team at 0868371363. We have an excellent team in place and want to continue to build on that by offering career opportunities for you with us.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Completed or Enrolled for QQI (FETAC) Level 5 modules Care of the Older Person and Care Skills.
- Minimum 1 Years Care Experience Preferred but not Essential
- Patient Moving and Manual Handling training-Preferred but not Essential
- Applicants will be Garda Vetted and reference checked prior to commencing role
- Have an outgoing, friendly and caring personality with excellent communication skills· Have a strong desire to support people in the comfort of their own homes· Are reliable and trustworthy with strong sense of empathy.
- Full Driving License and access to a car
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle
- Free Garda vetting
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Double time on Bank Holidays subject to conditions
- Sunday rates
- Career Progression Opportunities
- In house Training
- 24/7 Access to carer support from your leadership team
- Employee Assistance Program to support your health, well-being and a range of personal services (financial, legal & consumer advice)
- Employee assistance with QQI level 5 Healthcare Support Course
- Ongoing Training Supports
- Refer a Friend reward
- Bonus scheme
- Paid mileage if applicable
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: €13.10-€14.50 per hour
Expected hours: 5 – 39 per week
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Glanmire, CO. Cork: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have Care Skills and Care of the Elderly modules completed?
- Home care: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person