Senior Vice President wanted for Captive Reinsurance Manager-Cayman Islands
Abrivia are currently recruiting for an experienced Accountant to join our client, a Global Captive Reinsurance Manager, based in the Cayman Islands.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Accountant, with 8+ years in Reinsurance/Captive Insurance, relocating to lead and grow captive service teams in the Cayman Islands, driving strategic impact and fostering key client relationships.
My client offers a relocation package including, flights, 1 month rent and 1 month car rental.
- Take charge of ensuring exceptional client service excellence throughout the team for all clients.
- Manage and run client management agreements effectively.
- Lead, guide, develop, and inspire the captive service team to attain business objectives.
- Oversee the captive service portfolio and serve as a primary relationship contact for several clients.
- Hold overall responsibility for the captive accounting function, ensuring accurate and timely distribution of financial statements by the team.
- Analyse and authorise complex financial transactions.
- Evaluate materials for board meetings and adeptly present financial and other pertinent information to board members.
- Foster operational excellence within the team and recommend enhancements when necessary.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Supervise the financial audit process and address any arising issues.
- Uphold compliance and regulatory obligations by ensuring timely submissions of applications and filings.
- Manage and cultivate strong relationships with clients, client service professionals, and regulatory agencies.
- Lead the captive team in driving projects to completion and providing support.
- The SVP will actively participate in the performance management process for direct reports.
- This includes providing constructive feedback, assisting with goal setting, supporting career development initiatives, and serving as a mentor and coach to direct reports and team members.
- Qualified Accountant
- Over 8 years of prior experience in captive insurance or reinsurance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and support a team.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in preparing accounts and financials are imperative.
- Highly organised individual with the ability to prioritise workload to meet stringent deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Adept knowledge of Excel, MS Word, and accounting applications.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Tadhg in Abrivia Recruitment. All applications will remain in strict confidence.