- Qualification in Hotel Management or I.T. related discipline
- 2-3 Years experience in hospitality or technical support sector
- Excellent communicator with strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player who is willing to learn and able to share knowledge.
- Availability to work in shifts and during weekends
- Previous experience of Micros Fidelio Products would be advantageous
- Provide direct technical support to customers.
- Create new cases and update existing cases in our customer database.
- Identify root cause and resolution of major incidents.
- Provide guidance to customer on the best use of the software.
- Meet and aim to exceed monthly individual and Company targets.
- Manage escalations in accordance with Company Procedures and Service Levels.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve fault at time of answering where possible.
- Communicate with customers regularly regarding case progress and updates.
- Follow up with third party Suppliers regarding the progress of any open calls.
- Review customer history and define proactive ways of preventing recurring issues.
- Create incident reports when required.
- Training of employees when required.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, you will resolve post-sales customer inquiries via phone and electronic means. Your focus is to provide level two support including problem resolution within published goals using the Knowledge Base, write product documentation, use Web Resources, and Lab Testing, etc. to resolve issues.
In this role, you will provide guidance and real time resolution on a wide range of technical and non-technical customer issues including, but not limited to: product compatibility and configuration, license reconciliation, support entitlements and validation, invoice and shipping inquiries, electronic support troubleshooting and product availability. Handle open service requests that are dispatched, implement fixes, (i.e. writing SQL scripts, and document the case for escalation), analyze the hardware or software problem and write case notes in the tracking system. Work is semi-routine in nature. Support may be delivered via electronic channels (web, e-mail, etc.) or phone. Position may work in a call center environment as needed. Also, you will be the point of contact for new customers, introducing and educating them on Oracle as a whole. You will also have the opportunity to gain knowledge of specific product areas within our core technologies and/or applications.
Prior working knowledge of or the desire to quickly learn about Oracle products. In addition, you will need to understand the use of operating systems, hardware environments, software, networking, Oracle products and how they all interrelate in a customer environment. An ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, demonstrate prior abilities to be an effective team player, and will demonstrate commitment to ensuring customer success. Associates degree. At least 1 year of related experience.