CX Presales Marketing & Cloud consultant - UK/France-170014XK
Customer Experience Applications Presales Consultant – UK /IE Market
Based in Dublin
The main responsibility of the Applications Presales Consultant is to secure Oracle product selection. The remit of the Solution Consultant (Pre-sales) is to become an expert in a core set of Oracle SaaS products and solutions and to present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our customers, prospects and partners and internally to our sales force.
He/She works with the Inside Sales Representatives to drive the sales of Oracle SaaS application solutions across the UK and Western Europe. This is a permanent position, based in the Oracle Direct EMEA headquarters in Dublin.
If you have a passion for Customer Experience, then this represents a perfect opportunity to blend your business acumen with your technical skills. You will get to work with leaders in Sales, Marketing and Service, to help them to resolve their business problems by deploying Oracle CX Cloud solutions.
Oracle offers a complete, Cloud-enabled Customer Experience (Marketing, Sales and Service Applications) solution, which allows organisations to differentiate their brand across all channels, touch points, and interactions with customers.
For more information please visit:
Prerequisites (must have):
- Provide pre-sales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision, through on-line/in-person sales efforts.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise in Oracle Customer Experience products. Deliver focused Oracle sales consulting expertise
- Develop customer-specific value propositions highlighting benefits and differentiators of Oracle Marketing, Sales and Service Cloud compared to the competition
- Develop and deliver proposed solution to customers
- Create and deliver polished, memorable customer presentations that articulate Oracle’s value to the customer and to contribute to sales success
- Maximise relationships with sales representatives and customers throughout the sales cycle to ensure product selection
- Gather and promote important customer references and success stories
- Represent Oracle at Marketing events relevant to the industry
- Own the functional and technical responses to RFIs (Request for Information) and RFPs (Request for Proposal)
- Maintain up to date knowledge of competitive industry/product/solution offerings whilst ensuring competitive knowledge is used to win the product selection
- Support sales team in online/in-person selling efforts with minimal supervision
- 5+ years’ Vendor (preferably Sales and Marketing) experience
- Coupled with a deep understanding of Software, by working for a Software or Hardware provider in a Pre-Sales or Technical/Functional Consultancy capacity for 5+ years
- Strong academic background from one of : IT, Business, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, MBA, etc.
- Strong presentation and customer-facing skills (to be proven during the interview)
- Working knowledge of Business Applications, preferably those in the Marketing/CRM pillar
- Fluency in English is essential; additional European language fluency is beneficial.
- Ability to travel as needed (ca. 20%)
- Soft Skills, Communication, Presentation Skills & Credibility
- Influencing and negotiation
- Consultative Selling
- Personal drive
- Business Ethics
- Sales process acumen
- IT market literacy
- Product and industry mastery, competitive awareness
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
The primary focus of a Sales Consultant (Pre-sales) is to become an expert in a core set of Oracle products and solutions and to present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our partners, prospects and customers and internally to our sales force
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision, through on-line/in person sales efforts. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Internet Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships. Support sales team in online/in-person selling efforts with minimal supervision. Develop and deliver proposed solution to customers. Approximate percentage of face to face interaction with customers to perform responsibilities is 10%
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.