Create and update existing documentation including installation and upgrade guides, user guides, SDKs, APIs and online help
Create standard documentation templates based on existing corporate standards
Collaborate with subject matter experts and scrum teams to gather required information for technical documentation.
Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team
Maintain an understanding of best practices, current technologies, trends, and business strategies.
Organize content-based initiatives among global team members in Europe, India, and North America while remaining sensitive to differences stemming from culture, policy, and politics.
Coordinate document reviews with the appropriate development and test teams
Manage and close documentation bugs in a timely manner
Serve as the gatekeeper for any content coming into the system
Works collaboratively with the content development managers, writers, and editors to inform and refine the content model to support customer and product requirements.
Defines guidelines for organizing and labelling topics, defines the appropriate level of content chunking, and oversees content contributions to ensure consistent structure.
Defines and administers a clear submission process to encourage writers to improve the CPI.
Skills / Experience:
Nice to have:
- Proven Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in technical writing, preferably within the software sector.
- Experience authoring and managing technical software documentation
- Experience working in a continuous deployment and Agile environment where content needs to be updated regularly and rapidly.
- Proven Expertise in developing structured and reusable content using DITA and XML
- Ability to foster and maintain communication with subject matter experts and collaborate with content strategists and development teams to effectively collate content matter.
- Relevant Degree in a related field
- Knowledge of agile, project management, version control systems (including Git), scripting, confluence, JIRA and user interface design experience are a plus.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually
extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK
and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job
evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd
Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.