The Project Manager MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) is a global role responsible for managing projects in the complex environment of Manufacturing Execution to provide the IT/OT solutions aligned to the global application standards.
The Project Manager Expert manages the delivery of internal and outsourced projects from project initiation to transition to operations so as to deliver projects on time and within budget and to meet the desired business objectives.
- Manage and represent the project from start-up to completion
- Create project plans and initiate program mobilization by confirming scope, estimate, resources, roles and responsibilities
- Ensures overall success of a project and the effective use of resources
- Maintain control over the project’s status and budget
- Report project status and issues where help is needed to the steering committee
- Lead the project staff
- Responsible to drive the global IT projects to develop and enhance the global NTO MES standard
- Act as mentor in the area of project management and assist deployment project teams at the sites implementing the standard process and drive implementation of best practices
- Demonstrate the impact of procedures and their effect on the organization
- Critically review and recommend changes to processes in part or in their entirety
This role assumes responsibility within the project for the optimal design, delivery and deployment of design processes, practices and solutions vs. business requirements.
Partners with key business & IT stakeholders in all aspects for IT project preparation & execution covering: Manufacturing Execution, Material Flow, Shopfloor Control & Efficiency.
About the Novartis Global Service Centre in Dublin:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC), Dublin, was set up in 2013 and is located in a state-of-the-art facility on the Merrion Road in Ballsbridge. The center, one of five around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions and organizations worldwide. Services offered by the Dublin team include scientific and commercial services, IT, HR Operations and Procurement. There are currently several hundred associates employed at the site with 32 nationalities speaking 28 languages.
The operation is continuing to grow rapidly and has a number of exciting vacancies for experienced high-caliber candidates who are interested in working as part of an international team delivering services globally. Novartis offers a rewarding career and a comprehensive benefits package.
Novartis is a world-leading healthcare company that provides innovative solutions to address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, eye care and cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals. Novartis is the only global company with leading positions in these areas. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 full-time-equivalent associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world.
Benefits of Working for Novartis:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Share scheme
- Health insurance
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Subsidised dining facilities
- Employee recognition scheme
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
Minimum requirements The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree in computer science, management information systems or related discipline
- >=8 years of working-expertise in application development, project management, process design and computer system validation practices in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Exhibits a comprehensive knowledge of project management methodology
- Has a fundamental knowledge of business process analysis and design, system architectures, technology standards, etc.
- Provides comprehensive and authoritative technical or professional guidance on a wide range of issues within the area of project management to influence internal and/or external stakeholders
- Interacts with a typically diverse internal and external audience and is required to interpret complex information
- Understands the needs of the business and aspects of the external environment (e.g. related projects, initiatives, functions, etc.) and their impact on the own area of responsibility
- Solid understanding of Manufacturing IT solutions in the domain of process/discrete production
MMES (Werum PAS-X V3), Historian (OSI-PI),
- Good understanding of interfacing system SAP-PP/PI, SAP-MII, Warehouse-Mgt., Track&Trace, SCADA/Automation
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons