Citi Dublin is one of Citi’s Core Software engineering sites, developing scalable solutions to support this global network.
As one of the main departments in Citi Dublin, the TTS Dublin Technology team offers a unique opportunity to work closely with product, operations and innovation teams globally, to build the next generation of global platforms across a number of business lines and technologies.
Challenged by the most demanding clients in the world to constantly improve and innovate our global financial software solutions, we are looking to hire the best talent to join our Account Services Technology team, offering opportunities to contribute in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
This role is for a dynamic individual responsible for the delivery of account services technology projects, reporting to the account services project manager.
The role will primarily encompass delivery of application technology projects. In this role the successful candidate will liaise closely with Technology, Operations and Product partners to manage and co-ordinate all elements of the technical delivery and to successfully embed the new or changed application(s) within Citi’s technology landscape in a fully compliant manner.
The requirements and responsibilities for the role include (but are not limited to) the following:
- The successful and timely delivery of all phases of the programmes/projects from early concept through to BAU transition.
- To create, review and maintain program and project plans with all relevant parties involved.
- To proactively monitor overall program and project progress, resolving risks and issues and initiating corrective action plans as appropriate.
- To act as the central point of liaison, communications and coordination between technical teams and other stakeholders throughout the change process.
- To maintain overall control and accountability for the schedule and the delivery of expected deliverables.
- To actively manage scope changes and the impact to the overall plan.
- To demonstrate knowledge of the underlying technology stack and supported/related business area.
- To provide analytical, technical, business and management expertise to the group.
- To manage programme/project financials, including estimates and spend.
- To build and maintain effective relationships with partners across Technology, Operations and Product.
- Strategic project delivery.
- An expert and creative problem solver and comfortable operating in a rapidly changing and uncertain environment.
- Stakeholder management.
- Risk management.
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to create and maintain good relationships at all levels within the organisation
- Tenacity, follows issues through to conclusion, self-motivated
- Good listening skills, excellent written, oral and visual communication ability
- Experience of delivering complex technical projects involving multiple stakeholders across different geographical locations with a significant amount of uncertainty.
- Experience of application implementation and management in a financial services context.
- Proven ability to manage multiple application teams in an IT environment.
- Extensive years in a technology and/or business roles
- Experience in creating effective teams and fostering a positive team environment
- Familiarity with waterfall SDLC
- Ability to prioritise own work and multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal effectiveness; strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Commitment to a cooperative team approach – a team player
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audience and management.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer