The Central Bank of Ireland is a dynamic, multifaceted organisation at the heart of Ireland’s financial system. The organisation incorporates the functions of central banking and financial regulation. We have the responsibility for the regulation of the Irish financial services industry and the safeguarding of Irish financial stability.
The Central Bank of Ireland currently has a vacancy for an IT Project Manager on a contract of indefinite duration
in the Information Management & Technology Division. This role aligns with the Bank Professional 3 (BP3) grade and the BP3 salary scale applies. Please click here for further information on our salary scales.
Working as an I.T Project Manager in the CBI gives you; the opportunity to work on diverse projects, such as
- ‘Big Data’ projects
- Pan European data collection, analysis and exchange projects
- High volume , high availability transaction processing systems
Providing business solutions for this multifaceted organisation in the Irish and European context, demands excellence and progressive technologies. Supporting our abilities in IT, we rely heavily on strong development and research capability of our team. Consequently, the CBI is committed to the continuous career development of all staff through its Learning and Development Programme. This offers you
- A structured personal development plan
- Technical training and industry recognised certifications
- Funded academic and professional training
As IT Project Manager, you will be responsible for the completion of small to medium sized technology projects, and/or a portfolio of projects that are components of Business projects. You will ensure these projects are accomplished within agreed timeframes, budgets and scope/quality parameters to support the fulfilment of business, aligned with the organisations project governance structures and methodologies. You may also act as Business project manager where the IT element of the project is significant.
- Project manage the delivery of small to medium sized technology work streams of business projects, and/ or a portfolio of projects to meet the agreed business requirements within timescale, cost and quality constraints, following the Project Management Professional (PMP) methodology, so that solutions are successfully delivered to the business.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with business project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to deliver the optimal solution for the business. Recommend solutions to issues in order to ensure projects are delivered in line with time, cost and quality targets, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Proactively communicate with all stakeholders and provide visibility of progress of projects, demonstrating control over progress, to provide certainty regarding the continued viability of projects and enable re-planning if necessary to deliver to agreed timelines.
- Proactively manage Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies, ensuring these are identified, mitigated or escalated as necessary so that the projects have the best chance of success.
- Develop, deliver and maintain accurate and up-to-date project plans, budgets and management reporting so the status of projects is clear to all relevant stakeholders at all times.
- Work with all stakeholders involved in project delivery to contribute to the management of the scope and planning of the project and to secure the necessary skills and resources required at the right time aligned with demand management processes, in order to ensure successful project completion for the business.
- Co-ordinate and monitor vendor activities where external resources are being used ensuring commercial agreements are in adherence with procurement and payment policies and guidelines. Participate in vendor selection as appropriate. Liaise with the appropriate stakeholders involved and the owners for the vendors, to safeguard projects reliant on these resources
- Lead a project team typically comprising part-time assignees where line management responsibility remains with assigning manager. Provide feedback to line managers on the performance of assigned resources and provide input as appropriate to assignees performance management to assist their development.
Closing date: 24 October 2017
- A relevant degree;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a project environment with 2/3 years’ experience in leading small to medium sized projects;
- Experience of operating within a project management life-cycle methodology with associated processes and governance;
- Experience of managing projects within a project portfolio environment;
- Experience in other IT disciplines such as Business analysis, Delivery would be an advantage;
- Proven experience in managing (simultaneous) projects using a recognised methodology and with practical experience in techniques and tools;
- Knowledge and experience of budget setting, management and control;
- Effective planning for application delivery and release management;
- Experience of project managing multiple parties on small to medium projects;
- Experience of third parties / vendor coordination and some knowledge of approaches to IT development;
- Ability to handle change and prioritise key activities;
- Ability to offer practical solutions in support of organisational and IT requirements;
- Influencing skills and ability to challenge constructively;
- Strong analytical and presentation skills including confidence working at different business levels;
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills;
- Self-starter with the ability to show initiative and work without supervision;
- Experience of matrix management;
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
To apply, please complete the application form attached (via the link below). As the application form plays an important role in the shortlisting and selection process, it is essential that it is completed fully. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an automatic email from us acknowledging receipt. If you do not receive this auto-acknowledgement, please contact Aobh Kavanagh on 01 – 224 5046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .