The Global Shared Services organization is responsible to lead aspects of planning, implementation, optimization & business analytics. These responsibilities include:
- Own & manage the Regional Operations Center (ROCs) launch portfolio inclusive of operational controls & risk assessment. Manage to Operations Delivery Lifecycle (ODLC).
- Lead the implementation of new launches (product, devices, programs, services, business models, etc.) on behalf of the ROCs. Focus on complex launches.
- Identification and ownership of optimization opportunities on behalf of the ROCs. This includes aspect of prioritization, design & tracking business benefits across policy, program and process.
- Deliver a standard T2 support model while maintaining the optimal level of quality, resources, cost, and control. Focus on standardization & scale
- Foster a data-driven culture; to encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions through data & business analytics.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work
The goal of Global Shared Services Business Analytics team is to foster a data-driven culture. To encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions through data. As a Business Analytics Specialist with BI/Analytic skillsets, proactive engagement, and subject matter expertise, you’ll be expected to develop and deliver on the Global BI strategy transforming how the commercial business uses data.
- Scrum Product Ownership: Gathering and representing BI Requirements within Microsoft Business Operations. This involved collaborating with our end users & BI Engineering Teams to understand objectives, identify analysis opportunities, and prioritize projects to deliver maximum business impact.
- Analytics / Insights: Using advanced analytics (i.e. predictive & prescriptive) best practices to deliver new insights to Microsoft Business Operations from the many transactional systems within the organization.
- Analytical Expert: The candidate must be able to independently run analytic projects and help our business to understand the findings and translate them into action to drive their business.
- Amazing Proactive Engager: Consultative mindset that engages specific business areas frequently and often. Prior analytic consulting experience with customers. Must have experience across several relevant business domains in the utilization of critical thinking skills to conceptualize complex business problems and their solutions using advanced analytics using large scale real-world business data sets.
- BI Foundation: Proficient BI technology & architecture knowledge. The candidate must learn to become proficient in Microsoft tools and use those to solve analytic problems.
- General Foundation: Effectively drive cross-group communication and cooperation, using strong influencing, project management, and organizational skills
- Understand the Landscape: Deep knowledge in business processes, systems measures and metrics
- Make it real: Iterate and create proof of concepts taking data to actionable decision points that transfer to the durable world
- Strategic Mindset: Ability to anticipate and develop priorities for future business needs
- Agile: Ability to lead/manage agile development methodologies across the business and engineering landscapes, including intake, prioritization, delivery, readiness and adoption
- Defined BI roadmap for multiple LOBs within Operations, both independently and x-LOB
- Successful launch of reporting and analytic needs within the business
- Support the culture in transforming to leading with data development of reporting, ensuring reliability and performance, delivery of performance management tools (such as control charts and scorecards), readiness and adoption of data w/in the organization
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Statistics, or related field.
- Master’s in Business Analytics is a plus
- Data Science & Advanced Analytics knowledge
- Data modelling & Analytical project experience
- Competency in Microsoft BI product tools (i.e. Power BI, Azure Machine Learning)
- Demonstrated analytical ability, particularly related to complex problems and concepts.
- 3 years of experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence, or data driven business strategy.
- Experience analysing and streamlining complex business processes (PMP, Six Sigma qualifications preferred).
- Outstanding verbal, written & interpersonal skills