We are currently looking for a VAT Associate to join our team in Dublin City Centre. The right candidate will support the finance team in ensuring the company and its affiliates comply with all direct and indirect tax compliance obligations, with primary responsibilities for the preparation and review of all VAT returns across all jurisdictions where the company has VAT registration.
- Prepare and file all VAT and statistical returns, for over 40 registrations, spanning 20 countries (both EU and non EU), and 10 companies.
- Maintain company’s VAT records and ensure they are fully up to date at all times.
- Performing an advisory role on all tax matters, supporting the business in setting strategies and partnering with them to implement projects.
- Lead new VAT registrations across the region.
- Ensure correct trade route treatment, by coordinating with other group companies, and maintain these in the ERP system.
- Assist in provision of tax advice to the business.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with external tax advisors, in terms of billing and deliverables.
- VAT reconciliations with the accounts and general ledgers.
- Assist in monitoring of compliance with VAT codes / customer details on our ERP systems.
- Continually improve work processes, and ensure documentation is up to date at all times.
- Assist in preparation and response in relation to VAT audits, internal and external.
- Assist with project management and implementation.
- Assist in bringing in-house the VAT submissions for all the Vat registrations.
- Assist in developing in-house knowledge.
- Any other Ad-hoc tax duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- Professional qualification: Preferably CIMA, ACCA, CPA, CA, or any tax qualifications
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role essential
- Experience in Pharmaceutical/FMCG industry (desirable)
- Performance Driven
- Accountability / Ownership
- Champion and Embrace Change
- Communicate Effectively
- Continuously Grow & Develop
- Contribute Special Expertise
Europe - Ireland