About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of June 30, 2016, Northern Trust Corporation had:
About the Role
- $122 billion in banking assets
- $6.4 trillion in assets under custody
- $906 billion in assets under management
We are currently recruiting for a Team Leader in our Limerick office. This is a supervisory role in the performance of Fund Accounting related activities: evaluates and reconciles complex funds including mutual, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports or for daily valuation. One will also be involved in verifying complex transactions, audits income reports within scheduled timeframes and resolves exceptions on a daily basis for fund accounts.
There has never been a better time to join our Fund Accounting team in Ireland.
Continued organic success and new client wins, means we are recruiting for a Fund Accounting Team Leader with our growing Fund Accounting function.
Principal Responsibilities of the Role
- Ensure Valuations are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Carry out duties in accordance with procedures and SDs
- Work closely with Manager on various processes / projects
- Ensure all fees / expenses are paid on time
- Reconcile all queries in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
- Manage any potentially difficult situations which may impact on the clients by developing a close working relationship with client services.
- Proactively seek to identify and improve current core procedures.
- Seek to learn quickly and strive to continually improve service offered.
- Encourage others to come forward with ideas.
- Look to meet and improve the preparation of client reporting.
- Assist other colleagues.
- Liaise with other units – Shareholder Services, Trustee, Data Management, Control etc.
- Understand risk in own team, help others to understand this and to recognise that risk is everyone’s responsibility.
- Respond flexibly to the needs of the current situation, amend own work program to deliver desired outputs.
- Perform tasks of defined processes or procedures and check for errors.
- Ensure procedures in relation to all tasks are adhered to.
Skills / Experience Required
- Support the implementation of business plans.
- Manage the allocation of the workload in a fair and efficient manner.
- Delegate appropriately.
- Become involved in small to medium size projects.
Why choose a career in Fund Accounting with Northern?
- Procedural knowledge
- Customer Service Orientation
- Concern for Quality
- Team Working
- Organisation and planning
- Resilience and Self Control
- Problem solving
- Computer Skills - Excel, Word etc.
- Industry Knowledge - Knowledge of financial instruments, Valuations business & Central Bank regulations an advantage
- Business or financial services qualification or studying for same. This is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Strong experience as a Fund Administrator /Accountant with evidence of quality checking team’s work
- Effective in the use of a variety of communication methods.
- Identify and ‘own’ problems, correct them as far as is possible and refer as/if appropriate.
Our growth is not only creating multiple opportunities, it also means we are constantly evolving and adapting to the dynamic progressive environment in which we work. We believe in Greater; Ireland
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Fund Accounting team has grown exponentially and we now have over 250 partners in our Limerick and Dublin offices
- Our Fund Accounting team provides an end to end Fund Accounting service onsite in Ireland which complements other client services provided in Ireland, such as Custodian, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services
- We invest heavily in our people and offer a customized, individually dedicated Fund Accounting training program to ensure our people can realise their full potential and avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Fund Accounting and Northern Trust Ireland
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career