Oracle is looking for a Software Developer to join its test automation team working on Virtualization Management products and Private Cloud Appliance engineered systems.
Based in Dublin, Ireland, you will be part of a team working closely with product development.
You will design and implement code to verify functionality of new product features as and when they are developed. Like this you will help build out suites of
automated regression tests
to ensure continued product release quality.
The role offers an opportunity to build an excellent understanding of modern data center networking, virtualization and storage technologies and you will be exposed to all of Oracle's market offerings in these areas.
- Minimum BSc in Computer Science or related engineering degree
- 2+ years experience in a similar software development or quality engineering role
- Java and/or Python development experience
- Scripting knowledge (bash, python, expect)
- Linux Systems Administration (installation, networking, storage, services, remote access)
- Experience with continuous integration, source control, code review and defect tracking systems
Knowledge of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Test automation experience (standard or custom Java/Python frameworks)
- Virtualization experience (Oracle VM, Xen, VmWare, KVM, VirtualBox)
- Storage technologies (NFS, ISCSI, Fiber Channel)
- Networking technologies (Ethernet, TCP/IP, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, switch configuration)
- Passionate about product quality and willing to drive improving standards
- Self driven enough to work independently when required
- Comfortable expressing technical details in easy to understand ways both one to one and in groups
- Well versed in agile development methodologies
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.