Consider joining Eurofins where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins is a leading contract research organisation providing testing and research services in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
We currently have openings in our innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme as an employee of Eurofins in Sandwich, Kent. The programme engages full-time analysts, technicians, scientists and technical support personnel managed by Eurofins directly at the client facility to provide long term service needs while maintaining the same services, expertise and cGMP compliance available at the Eurofins facility. This multi award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
We are currently recruiting for a shift Analytical Chemist in Product Development for a new and exciting opportunity based in Sandwich in the UK.
The shift analytical chemist works a 16/5 shift pattern, alternating 1 week early (6.45am to 2.55pm) and 1 week late (2.40pm to 10.50pm) shifts
Primary Role Responsibilities include:
Additional Role Responsibilities, depending on experience may also include:
- Rapid turnaround for IPC and isolated intermediate samples to allow batch progression
- Performing routine and non-routine analysis using traditional and modern analytical techniques, as required by the Group Leader or client representative.
- Supporting process development through hands-on generation of accurate and precise analytical chemistry data using routine laboratory techniques such as liquid chromatography (HPLC,UPLC), gas chromatography (GC), Karl Fisher water determination, physical properties. NMR
- Investigating questionable/ OOS results and providing support for pilot plant investigations as required
- Excellent communication with primary customers: - pilot plant, project teams and QA is essential.
- Ability to understand and follow SOPs and to switch between projects/ methods multiple times throughout the day without issue.
Skills & Experience
- Support for cleaning verification including developing methods
- Transfer of analytical methods to other laboratories and remote sites.
- Providing feedback on analytical methods and working with project leads to build method robustness
- Development and support of Process Analytical Technology (PAT) techniques.
In 1987, Eurofins Scientific was founded in Nantes, France, with four employees to market the SNIF‑NMR technology. During the past 30 years, Eurofins has grown to be a world leader in laboratory testing services with a network of 375 laboratories across 41 countries in Europe, North and South America and Asia-Pacific and over 30,000 staff.
Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services.
- A sound, fundamental knowledge of Chemistry is essential.
- Good foundation and experience with traditional analytical techniques as well as modern instrumental equipment (HPLC, UPLC, MS, NMR (liquid), vibrational spectroscopy, physical properties e.g. particle size, PXRD, Karl Fischer, and UV spectroscopy).
- Must possess basic knowledge of analysis methods and tools.
- Appropriate relevant experience of pharmaceutical analysis in a development laboratory within a group organization.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible manner to support a growing organisation and be able to switch priorities at short notice.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Good understanding of cGMP is requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal