Closing date for applications: 22nd August 2017
Pfizer Global Financial Solutions – Europe: Graduate Trainee Chartered Accountant Programme
Pfizer is one of Ireland’s leading employers and the largest pharmaceutical sector investor and employer. Pfizer has over 3,000 colleagues across 6 locations based in Cork, Dublin and Kildare, including 300 colleagues located in Pfizer’s Global Financial Solutions Group (GFS - Europe) in Ringsend in Dublin.
GFS-Europe is the primary shared financial services centre for Pfizer in Europe and is a unit of Pfizer Global Financial Solutions (GFS). GFS is a network of centres across the globe working to centralise and standardise financial support, streamlining processes to create efficiencies, improved effectiveness and enhance the financial control environment.
The GFS-Europe is looking for high calibre, enthusiastic graduates, to join our 2018 Graduate Trainee Accountant programme. This is a 3.5 year structured training programme run in association with Chartered Accountants Ireland. It offers graduates the opportunity to obtain the Chartered Accountant qualification in a large, diverse multinational company, providing a variety of business experience.
The successful candidate will join the Reporting &; Analytics teams, which operate within GFS-Europe. The main responsibilities of these teams include, but are not limited to:
- Annual Statutory Reporting
- Monthly, quarterly and annual USGAAP Corporate Reporting
Subledger Control, Balance Sheet Analytical Review, Reconciliation Management and Reporting
- International Taxation & Transfer Pricing.
- Ensuring that key financial systems (SAP, E1, Oracle, HFM) are accurate and adequately maintained
- Ensuring that a strong control framework is in place
- Identification of continuous improvement opportunities and innovative solutions
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and customers
including Consolidation Services, Corporate Reporting, Market Finance and Corporate and External Auditors.
- 2.1 or Higher Degree Finance or Business (preferably) - CAP 1 exemption preferable but not mandatory
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, and to handle several projects at once
- Flexibility and openness to change
- Highly motivated and performance driven - seeks and acts on results
- Proficiency in PC skills (including Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Display a desire to work in Industry
Pay and Conditions:
- An attractive and competitive package of pay and conditions
- A 3.5 Year Training Contract, including professional development and study support
- Sponsorship and support towards ACA qualification
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.