JOB TITLE: Senior facilities Engineer
REPORT TO: Director of Engineering
DURATION: Full Time
NOONAN is seeking a highly motivated and technically minded individual to support the operation of a high volume pharmaceutical facility of a key NOONAN client in the Athlone Region. The senior facilities engineering position will provide a key role in supporting various site activities from facility installation, management and project execution. This position is a high level senior position on site with full responsibility of the installation, equipment management in a Pharmaceutical facility with heavy emphasis on Clean and Black utilities. Other key responsibilities would be to coordinate key service contracts for the sites and implement & coordinate all scheduled, demand and corrective maintenance and manage the on-site utilities team.
Senior Facilities Engineer
- Responsibility includes estimating the costs and use of labour, equipment and materials, determining the feasibility of projects, and providing clients and management with the relevant reports.
- Supervise and manage the technical personnel on site, and oversee all operations and maintenance activities.
- Advise management on design and construction, propose modifications to existing designs and solutions, and recommend when necessary.
- Responsible for providing engineering support for facility and system upgrades and the implementation and analysis of technical products and systems to the engineering department. These systems may include but are not limited to electrical, mechanical, energy, water, clean and black utilities.
- Monitors and analyses data to determine if areas of the building and/or systems are performing efficiently. Meets with the customer and provides engineering input to the customer relating to system design/installation/commissioning/optimization.
- Establishes, analyses and reports on appropriate facility performance based metrics as outlined in the Service Level Agreements. This may include trend and cost analysis and project savings reports.
- Develops and provides ongoing support for projects and takes corrective action to resolve issues. Oversees all technical product and system site installations/improvements to assure they meet customer expectations relating to cost and function. Manages capital project costs based upon contract type, terms, and conditions.
- Designs, implements and delivers an employee training program around the new processes.
- Reviews and organizes existing drawings, technical manuals, design specifications, commissioning reports and other important information necessary to support the technical products and systems operation of the facility.
- Recommends and promotes to management the implementation of facility process improvements.
- Acts as a technical and engineering resource for Operations & Maintenance personnel. Provides guidance and direction as necessary to implement facility design installation/changes.
- May manage subcontracted services to ensure they are effective and cost efficient
- Reviews on-site work performed on technical products and systems and assures performance is being met in accordance with the contract or Service Level Agreement.
- Assures performance in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
- In addition to the above mentioned tasks, other activities and responsibilities may be individually defined.
- Responsible for supporting the operation and maintenance of the Centrally Hosted CMMS solution. Provides process and technical support, technical training, technical audits, and implementation of CMMS.
- Performs and reports results of technical and compliance audits on various CMMS used. Assists the account with the implementation of improvements and/or corrective actions.
- Assists in the development, implementation and enforcement of CMMS processes, standards, database and data dictionary.
- Monitors and provides feedback on the CMMS effectiveness in meeting CG maintenance management strategies.
- Follow all Health & Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training
- Follow required emergency prevention and operational controls
- Report all accidents, occupational illnesses and emergencies
- Apply, execute and maintain function related quality issues
- Bachelor’s Degree (level 8 or higher) in Engineering or related technical discipline
- Min. 5 plus years’ experience in technical products and systems in a Pharma environment.
- Demonstrated project management experience and excellent knowledge of building systems.
Job Type: Full-time